The ERA of MISINTERPRETATION

     


        2020 being a year with so many surprises, challenges and every day dealing with unknowns there has been real source of entertainment all around. I have not met my best friends for months. My travel plans have gone into trash. There is a constant source of fear around me when I hear someone in the neighborhood has tested positive. Amidst all these, I found new ways of interacting with nature. The morning walks on terrace is now a routine with water sprinkled on my rose plants, inviting birds with the grains spread everyday for them. The best part here is there are no words and just actions done to carve a good start for the day.

        As the day progresses, breakfast comes to kick start in tummy and there is my father never complaining if the salt is less or something got burnt around. He eats most silently and politely on what is being served . The moment l I keep pestering him to give his views on how it tasted , there he is giving me that LOOK which means "You know about me! I am not going to comment anything about it good/bad" :) 

        Next comes the source of my bread & butter ; just like for the majority of us - "The Routine Office Work". It gets interesting every day, with new learning around. Since, most of the communication is by email or textual conversations, it is very easy for the thoughts to get easily misinterpreted and sometimes it definitely gives a bad start for a day if you have the first mail to read where someone does not understand your intentions. In such instances, it is a very good practice to meet the person in real and express the intent with information and facts. If not in person at least  trying with a short video call or audio call. I learnt that long emails sometimes most of the times can be time consuming and drains energy as well.Things can actually get executed in a faster manner. 

        After, the work it is the dinner again and this is where I rant , compliment for all the possible permutation and combination of event that happen to my dad. Here , it gets interesting because I get the grey hair expertise view and honest opinion on if I was right or wrong. Trust me, this is the best part of the day after work, besides Dad , there is family, relatives and friends who listen out and the comforting words are the virtual hugs and care that can help me feel really better.

      Well, be it home or corporate or sports (take incident of Gavaskar's recent commentary) remarks and comments are increasingly hitting the brain and heart of the person like weapons creating injury. Time heals some wounds and some remain as scars in daily routine. What I learnt is, that these qualities do not solve the problem immediately; but they help to overcome the hurdles and give value added learning in this beautiful life.

NO ONE IS PERFECT

BUT WHAT MATTERS MOST IS

CONVERSATIONS

OPEN-MINDEDNESS

ABILITY TO LISTEN

ABILITY TO EMPATHIZE


There has been increase in misunderstanding leading to loss of self-peace and hampering relationships.

But follow the rule of 3 , 

ASSUME THAT NO ONE IS DOING ANY HARM

TRY TO EXPRESS the TRUE INTENTION

TRY TO TALK - CONVERSATIONS are Important


What has been your style of handling MISINTERPRETATION? Please comment your views ☺


Comments

  1. Ignore if not important, and express yourself assertively when it's important. ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree , one of the best ways 🙂. Ignorance is a great weapon for peace of mind

      Delete

Post a Comment