The Broken Heart Gallery

         

With the world staying in its shell and I am still missing those adventurous travels that I planned and wished to execute, all I needed is a way to kill my boredom ! So, here is again the OTT platform with the movie " The Broken Heart Gallery". A romantic themed movie surrounding with emotions that clings in your brain and heart with breakups is very beautifully shown in the movie.

            All that I could see in the movie was a very important message conveyed that all you need is to let go. Be it a break-up or a loss of a loved one or the suffering of your loved ones, the fact that letting-go is so hard because we have so much of memories and beautiful moments that brain can just give you the flashback moments with closed eyes, we find it too difficult to let it go off !

         The beauty about the brain and memory from a cognitive psychology perspective is, brain tries to remain bad memories more strongly as brain is designed for survival. The negative memories always run unconsciously in your brain because it always wants to protect you from not getting into the pitfall of hurting your own-self. Is n't our brain too caring as our hearts ;) ?

         Another interesting and made me smile harder is when the friends strongly support the central women character in her moments of loneliness :) and ensure the person who hurts her gets to understand the pain she has gone through. Be it the example of sanitary napkins or pushing someone from the top floor !

        All that I smiled after watching the movie, is to let go off the hidden grief inside and the first thing to do or the first baby step is to get rid off the materialistic stuff that reminds you of them ! It is definitely not easy but it is not impossible. I also figured out that as I keep writing that it is not easy, it is difficult, I have come to a realization that I have trained my mind to think "impossible" as discarded option and trying as a primary option. 

        It is funny how movies which are fictional can convey some important messages to carry in a practical way and yet they always have a happy ending :) Can we create ones for ourselves !!!!????


Comments

Post a Comment